- These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframe of your houses and on your gate.~Deuteronomy 6.6-9
- Encourage one another with the Word. ~1 Thessalonians 4.18
- When I put my mind to it, I learned some of my favorite verses quicker than I thought I would. I love that I can quote them to myself and to my kids without opening the Bible.
- Somehow, and I don’t know why or how, when I can say a verse to myself it feels like I am even closer to God than when I read it off the page of my Bible.
- The other morning I woke up with this verse on my mind, one I had been working on for awhile…”The Word of God is living and active. Sharper than a two-edged sword, able to penetrate even to soul and spirit…” Oh my! How could I not do my morning Bible reading after that kind of Spirit encouragement? [Hebrews 4.12]
- I shared this verse with a friend who was deeply upset about something – “I took my anguish to the Lord and he answered me by setting me free.” I was able to comfort someone else by memorizing that verse without using my concordance! [Psalm 118.5]
When I use my phone to help memorize verses, I took a tool of distraction and made it a tool for God’s Word. I redeemed the phone! ~A member of the Renewing Team
NOTE: The app referenced in this article is not an affiliate link; Renewing gets nothing out of this suggestion other than the joy of sharing something that is helping to draw us closer to God!